For the poster I would work with the concept of the injustices
that occur in these works. I would start with black paper. I
would put an American flag in the center with bars running vertically
to symbolize prison bars. Five of the bars would continue out
past the flag and connect to pictures of different unjust scenes
from the works.
- The first scene in Fredrick Douglas is being beat by a white
man in a fancy suit. In the back ground the other slaves look
at the beating but clearly arent going to do anything about
- The second scene shows Ruth Hall and her daughters in raged
cloths sitting around a table that is bare with the exception
of one piece of bread that is small and looks like some mold
growing on it.
- The third shows to identical babies in cradles with Roxie
standing over them with a smile on her face.
- The fourth shows Lutie running through the street with blood
on her and Junto can be seen in the back ground laughing at the
sight of her.
- The final scene shows Miles dead in the mud with Beverly
and Anna Thea Workman kneeling at his body crying. The Bones
Woman would be standing in the background with the .22 rifle
in her hands.
These scenes show that life is not fair. The works we read
showed this point and I would hope that this poster would comunicate
that idea as well.