Look over the essays in the portfolio to be assessed, going
from first to last. Evaluate the essay and the comments on the
essays After you have gone over the portfolio's contents, fill
out this form as objectively as possible. Please answer the questions
in the order that they are asked (several of them build on each
other). When finished, simply click on the submit button at the
end. You MUST answer all of the questions before you can submit
1) What has improved in the author's writing skills? How much
has it improved?
2) What areas of the author's writing still need improvement?
Have they improved from the first essays, or have they consistently
remained a problem?
3) What are this author's strengths? What essay(s) particularly
show this/these strengths?
4) Which essay is the author's strongest and why? Be as specific
as you can.
5) Which essay is the author's weakest and why? Be as specific
as you can.
6) Has the author met the requirements of each essay's assignment?
For example, is the comparison/contrast a good comparison/contrast
or a weak definition essay? How well has the author shown his/her
ability to write different styles of essays? Please use specific
essays to support your answer.
7) Do the later essays show more of an informational presentation
rather than a personal story approach? Use specific essays to
support your answer.
8) Does the author's use of grammar and mechanics improve?
What areas remain a problem?
9) How successful is the author at logical organization and
paragraphing? Use examples to support your claim.
10) Please rate the overall level of acheivement of the author of this portfolio using the following levels:
11) Add any additional comments, if necessary, in the box below:
Press the submit button to send the evaluation to your instructor. You only need to press it once. If you succeed, you will go back to the homepage. If there is unfilled boxes, the webpage will tell you what you still need to fill out.